Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Letterpress Chronicles: Day 6

Welcome to another wonderful post about letterpress... :-) .. The sixth day of class was great.  We didn't learn any new machines but we got to finish working on projects on our own.....so there won't be lots to say or type just a few pictures.

Last class, which is posted as Day 5, I began working on my shirt, but I was one of the three students who did not get to complete their shirt. Soooooooooooo, I completed it on Day 6. 

Of course as always I cannot focus while hungry so before class began I ran to my now staple Thursday meal at Chipotle.  Tasty brown rice, grilled chicken, black beans, lettuce, a little cheese and some spicy red sauce...YUM...   

In the last post, I showed you a picture of the letters I put together for my T-shirt....here are those letters inked up 
So I came up with this phrase "Southern Girl + Breuckelen Swag."  It kind of speaks to who I am as a person. ---you know just a little of my history....  Southern Girl speaks to the fact that my family roots stem from the great state of South Carolina.   I used to live down there with my grandmother once upon a time.  Because of it I do have some southern ideologies and mannerisms. Breukelen Swag speaks to me being more of me.  I did most of my growing up in East New York, Brooklyn.  I chose to spell Brooklyn the old dutch way on the shirt just because.... So my South Carolina ways and my Brooklyn demoneour make me more .Meagan..... sooooo here's my sample shirt....more .Meagan..... sooooo here's my sample shirt....   
The State color for S.C is Blue as well as NYC...NYC has a secondary color which is yellow so I chose that...I think the two colors work well together...I just swapped them

I began working on some other things but I will share them in a later post...well that's it for this post...hope you enjoyed it...


Til Next Time,

Meagan