Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 11: The Sunshine Birthday Challenge



Hey SB Challengers.  I know that it's a little late for this challenge, but I know most of you would be out during the day celebrating our freedom because of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice.  I hope you enjoyed your day with your friends and families.

Today's act of service may pose to be something difficult for some of you.  Today you all get the opportunity to write to a prisoner.  We all have had hardships in life and theirs nothing like someone actually being non judgemental with a listening ear and open heart.  Check out the website http://www.writeaprisoner.com check out the profiles and select the prisoner you feel you should write to.  You can either write a physical letter or email them.

I know a few of you may be thinking:  "why write a prisoner?"  My answer would be: "why not?"  Each and every individual walking the face of this earth has a story.  All of us can teach one another something.  Not only that, it can start us all on the path of forgiveness, which is one of the greatest gifts human beings can practice with one another.

Bonus

I know you know today is Memorial Day.  Let me know how you commemorated this day of remembrance for those who've sacrificed their lives for us!!!


Remember there are only three more days until the end of the challenge!

Hugs,

Meagan